Looking to add a tiny companion to your home or office? Well, look no further and say hello to Cubebot! The Beech wood toy is modeled after a robot and inspired by the “complex joinery” of Japanese Shinto Kumi-ki puzzles. You might think of wood as being inflexible, but Cubebot has an elastic frame that allows it to be positioned in dozens of graceful pose. But even Cubebot gets tired. So when it's time to rest, let the collectible figure take a load off by folding it into a perfect cube.
The natural wood Cubebot is available in three sizes: Micro, Small, and Medium.
- Cubebot is made of natural beech wood and elastic.
- Micro size measures 4.25” tall, has a 5.5” arm span, and folds into a 1.5” x 1.5” cube.
- Small size measures 6.75” tall, has a 9.25” arm span, and folds into a 2.5” x 2.5” cube.
- Medium size measures 9.5” tall, has a 13.55” arm span, and folds into a 3.5” x 3.5” cube.
- Cubebot is suitable for ages 3 and up.
About David Weeks
The industrial and the artisanal are influential elements to designer David Weeks. For over two decades, he has had a studio in DUMBO, Brooklyn where he has explored these diverse interests that ultimately celebrate the independent maker and old-school craftsmanship.