Inspired by nature and based on the Fibonacci Numbers, this enchanting kinetic toy is unassuming at first glance. But just like the wonders of the natural world, it will surprise and delight you, begging the question: is this wooden item a helix or a pine cone? Depending on how you twist the Helicone, you’ll get a different answer every time.
The Helicone is crafted with 38 laser-cut wood pieces and assembled on brass tube. When not in use, it can be displayed as a sculpture on its solid wood stand.
- The Helicone comprises 38 laser-cut wood pieces assembled on a brass tube.
- It is displayed on a solid wood display stand.
- This kinetic toy measures 4.5 inches x 10 inches in diameter.
- Comes packaged in a gift box with a magnetic catch.
- Not recommended for children under 3 years old (it is a choking hazard).
About John Edmark
Artist John Edmark combines math, architecture, computer science, and animation to bring his work to life. His work celebrates the “patterns underlying space and growth,” and he “strives to give viewers access to the surprising structures hidden within apparently amorphous space.”